Latest X theme and Cornerstone, staging site ok, not when deployed live

My site has been running fine for ages now. There are plugins but i have no real issues, Finally I have taken the courage to upgrade after waiting a time for issues to settle dow.

Finally I have taken the step and was initially quite impressed. I was impressed and had no issues. I have managed to post my first post on the new version and it went well.

Now the cornerstone page seems to be broken. I created another site on my staging and this site is fine. When I deploy to live the pages are broken in cornerstone again.

This is really preventing me getting on with work now and I have spent days trying to fix the issue.

I have just updated again today and am now not he latest version and the issue is still the same.

I expect you will need login info please mark this private so I can send it to you. There is a staging install and a live install.

Thanks

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

How did you migrate your site? What exactly is hapenning?

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

ok i have sent a secure note with the details

Hello There,

Thank you for providing the information. I created a test page and I did not encounter any issues. You can check out my test page in the secure note.

After you deploy the changes to the live site, you must do the following:
1.) Login to CLoudFlare and enable Development Mode. This will automatically gets activated after three hours
2.) Clear your plugin cache, WP Autoptimizer, etc.
3.) Purge everything in CloudFlare.
4.) And please do apply the suggested CloudFlare settings from this tip: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

I am getting the page now almost alright in Chrome - but the background image is not showing up

In Safari it is still broken - please see screen grab, I have done the cloudflare adjustments.

If the background image can be looked at then I can use Chrome and get on with some work.

Thanks

J

grab

Hi there,

I checked and it’s just a top bar with social icons, and I don’t see any CSS or javascript that could cause that. Please changing CF and Cache setting shouldn’t be browser specific since it’s done on the server, so it should be the same in all browsers.

Would it be okay if we disable caches and CF while we’re testing? I’m not sure if it’s possible with WPEngine, but having multiple cache plugins is overkill. And please provide your CF login credentials as well.

Thanks!