Latest update broke Cornerstone

The most recent X/Cornerstone update has essentially made it impossible to edit existing content that was created using Cornerstone. Upon attempting to edit old content, all paragraphs merge into giant blocks of text and custom CSS stops working, this doesn’t transfer over when you click “save”, but like I said it makes things next to impossible in terms of updating old content.

I cleared my browsers cache, my website’s cache, and did everything else (that I know of) to make sure this isn’t a “me” issue.

Any insight?

Hi there @BrantonT,

Thanks for writing in.

I’ve done some testing on this and while I haven’t been able to replicate, I have seen other reports (2-3) of the same issue. It appears there may be specific parameters/setups that’s causing this.

Could you please post WP Admin and FTP in a secure note please? Having FTP is very important to properly debug what’s going on here.

Thanks!

I honestly don’t feel comfortable with that. Is there no other way? If not, I’ll probably just start looking to rebuild my site using a different framework.

Hi Brandon,

I am sorry but we need to be able to login so we can check what is causing the issue.

You may change the login immediately right after we check.

Thanks

Hey Raul,

Like I said, not something I feel comfortable with. Since there’s no insurance covering any loss, damages, or theft, I can’t allow you to have access to my site. Let’s just say I’ve had a bad experience with that in the past.

Also, I discovered a new issue. Cannot edit images on what are now called “Classic feature lists”.

I don’t think there’s much point in me continuing to use X, to be totally honest.

Hi There,

As this is a major update we are still going trough a phase where we are patching some bugs that we could not find out they existed during our extended beta testing period.

Considering you don´t feel comfortable sharing your credentials I would suggest you to rollback to the previous version using the stability release link on your Apex Dashboard.

Our developers are working hard to make the new versions of PRO and X run smoothly as our product has always been, unfortunately when bringing groundbreaking features to a high customizable product which can be installed in so many different hosting environments with combination of uncountable plugins there might be hiccups on the first days of the new version, rest assured this will be fixed within the next days.

Please download stability release from : https://theme.co/apex/dashboard

And access your site via FTP remove your theme from wp-content / themes and install the previous version.

Wait a few days and update it again.

Thanks