Latest update blew up my site

Pararalexle not working, pic height wrong bottom arrow not animated everything is fu*led and taking hours pls help adding secure login need fixed now businessbackpacker.com

Hello @businessbackpacker,

I have checked your site and the issue is because you have updated Cornerstone to the latest version but left X in an older version (6.5.6) which is causing an incompatibility issue.

Please make sure that when you update Cornerstone, you also update X and vice versa to avoid issues.

Hope this helps.

Actually no. I had to go back to the previous version of the theme Because it blew up. Everything else was current but when I update I get errors about adding. CBS to header and footer, because I use child theme. When I made these updates with the new theme and latest Cornerstone all of my site went wrong. You can try it for yourself but I have since changed back to the working version for obvious reasons

*css not cbs

Hello @businessbackpacker,

In that case it would be best to setup a staging site and do the update from there so that the live site will not be affected in case there will be any issues with the update and you will be able to do some testing.

Here are some search results on how to setup a staging site:

https://goo.gl/8BkpJ3

In case you are not certain how to proceed, you might want to check with your web host and ask them if they can help you with the staging site.

Once you have the staging site setup, kindly do the update there and if the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access to your staging site in a Secure Note:

Yes I did and update already here is how this image is not resized on first page and also product images have shrunk please help! I cannot make second site just need help with this one. I made it live so u can see and already sent secure note are you guys even reading these??? Also sales pop ups. NO longer work

Animation arrow broken on all

Map spacing broken on Desktop

Hey @businessbackpacker,

Jade meant that you provide credentials for Staging Site. I believe her intention was to compare your live site with the updated staging site.

The only issue I see is the parallax and that is a bug with Safari 13 and not our theme. This issue has already been reported. For now, the only workaround is you rebuild the section using the V2 Section and use the V2 parallax feature.

------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the animation arrow, it’s working on my end.

Please clear your browser’s cache. If you’re using browser extensions, temporarily deactivate all of them.

------------------------------------------------------------

I’m not sure what’s the problem with the map. Please provide a screenshot of what it looks like before the update.

Thanks.

Hi I don’t have this view as I am using the child theme and Agency demo can you please show correct details for this version?

nevermind I found a workaround myself. Arrows still not animated on android unless you mouse over - before it was on a timer like a slide and showed Text then arrow. Cache is cleared still not working. Is there some major problem with childtheme and these updates it is everytime you roll out a new version of the theme something new breaks. I have ten plus sites with you guys and my clients are having issues as well. What is the long term solution for this, are you guys moving away from the child theme or what? If I just know then I can use the updated ones but they basically take forever to program animations and class and whatnot but they seem to be okay for your updates and not break every six weeks. I need a long term solution as I have bought over ten licenses and need to know what direction you all are heading. It is so annoying to finally get a site how I want it and then it breaks again…

Also mp4 doesnt work on iphones this is why I was trying youtube

Hi @businessbackpacker,

We’re sorry you are having issues.

Can you clarify which arrows on which page please?

Child theme is a part of every wordpress themes so user can add any feature or adjustment that is not available on the theme. It is part of the wordpress structure.

There is no known issue about mp4 on Iphone. Please share a sample page with the mp4 so we can check it too with the actual iphones.

We are sorry for the frustrations. We’re here to help you fixed each issue. For faster checking, for each issue, please share specific page URL and give more description so we can be specific on our recommendation. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.