Latest Themeco Pro conflict with Yoast and ACF + ACF Content Analysis for Yoast SEO

The latest Themeco Pro theme is having issues with Yoast detection of content. It doesnt detect the featured image, the content from ACF fields, only the default editor content.

Steps I took:

• disabled all plugins = still has issues
  • disabled Pro theme and used Wordpress 2024 default theme = Yoast works and detects the content (featured image and ACF fields)

Please sort asap as we use Yoast and we’re in a process of sorting our Custom posts and fields

Hi @bobbyninetoes,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems you are facing an ongoing issue that has been already reported. I will check this with our development team and let you know.

Thanks

I tried to search on the Forum if others had this issue but couldn’t find.
Glad that it actually has been reported though.

Please let us know as Yoast and ACF functionalities are very important for us.

Thank you!

Is there a page or post on your site you are having issues with that I can check out?

Courses CPT - all of them. I havent checked Pages, but I’m assuming they dont work either.
you can check Yoast Analysis - for image on page, number of words. the featured image was being counted as image on page before, now it’s not. Also the words are counted only for the default text editor and not the ACF custom fields

I gotcha. So you should be getting at least one image due to the featured image. I don’t think that has anything to do with a custom layout on our end, since a site I created doing custom post type with a single layout and still had an image show up in Yoast. Pretty much recreated what you did. I’d reach out to them and let us know what they say about the featured image not showing up as an image in their analysis.

As for the custom layout content like what you are doing with ACF and the single layout, that’s something we could look at in a feature request. I could see instances where you wouldn’t want that to happen so I’ll have to think on what we’re going to do here. Appreciate you bringing this up, have a great day.

i havent tested custom layout and I dont know if it has anything to do with that. All I know is if I disable Pro theme, Yoast detects all content (featured image, ACF custom fields, the internal links in the ACF fields). It was working before (3-4 weeks or so ago) so it’s not a new feature that should be added/requested. The point in question here is that it should be ‘fixed’ because it was working before.

I did go to Yoast and they tried to recreate the issue. no problem on their side. the only difference is they didnt have Pro theme - so I made a staging site and disable pro theme and Boom! it was working.

We’re going to be taking a look at Yoast in the beta currently going on. We can revisit on your site after the full release. Have a great day.