Latest Pro Update causing WooCommerce Checkout Error

Hi,

I’m getting an AJAX error at checkout (woocommerce), which started happening with the latest update of Pro (4.1.5). I use the checkout plugin CheckoutWC and have never had an issue. Now however, at checkout, I’m getting a spinning loader that doesn’t go away. I’ve gone into troubleshooting mode, checked every plugin one-at-a-time to check for conflicts, but it wasn’t until I switched to Pro that the error returned. Tried with both Pro Parent theme, and my child theme and it happens with both.

For now, I’ve disabled the checkoutwc plugin on my live server (not ideal) but would really like to fix this. I’ve enabled debugging in wp-config.php.

On a separate (older) dev server, where I have Pro 4.0.11, and the CheckoutWC plugin works fine.

Would appreciate help fixing this issue.

Staging server: https://staging60.emergencyinfoplan.com/

Thanks,
Matt

Hello Matt,

Thanks for writing in! A loading screen could mean a fatal error. Can you please enable the debug mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail. To better assist you with this issue, provide us FTP and WP access to your staging site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

• FTP hostname
  • FTP username
  • FTP password

- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Regards.

Hey @mmelton12,

The internal server and ajax issue is only in your checkout plugin. I’ve switched to the default WP theme and the issue persists.

It seems that the only conflict with our theme is the loader. This might be fixed if your web host could fix the MIME types errors displayed in the browser’s console when viewing the checkout page. Please contact your web host first to eliminate those errors then we will report this conflict to our development team if the loader is still displaying.

Thanks.

Talking with them now, however it’s more than just the loader- if you try to add a coupon, it freezes. If it comes down to it, is there a way I can roll back to an earlier version of Pro theme?

Yeah- They basically said it’s not their problem.

Hi @mmelton12,

I have checked the checkout page and do not get the issue you specified and found the order has been confirmed while clicked into Finalize Your Order. Can you please confirm whether you are still getting the issue? And as specified by my colleague that the issue persists with the default theme also, I would suggest you contact the plugin author on this case and let us know what did they say.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.