Latest core update not compatible with Pro?

Hi, I updated WP core and the site crashed. I’ve deactivated all of the plugins. The only time I can get back into the site is when I change the “pro” folder to “pro-old” (in FTP).

As long as I don’t re-activate the Pro theme folder, the site works in WP’s Twenty Twenty-Four theme (it looks awful, but it works).

https://okanaganlocal.com

Help is very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello @TIrvine,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you please disable all the plugins and install a fresh copy of the Pro theme, you can download the Pro theme from your Themeco account dashboard. If it doesn’t work for you please add the below-given code into your wp-config.php for debugging setup and the error logged into the file name debug.log inside the wp-content folder.

You can let us know if you find any error that is related to our theme or theme bundled plugins. We can do further investigation based on that.

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
//SET PHP INI DISPLAY ERROR FALSE
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please find the video that will help you to edit wp-config.php and add the above code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SDPTafEM8o

Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP login details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Ok. I’ll check it out and get back to you. Thank you :slight_smile:

You are most welcome, Tina.

1 Like

The fresh download did the trick. Thanks so much for suggesting that :slight_smile: Have an awesome day!

1 Like

Hi Tina,

Glad that it worked for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.