Last Updated Post Widget Question

Hi ThemeCo Team,

https://www.exposurecompensation.co.uk

Today as a widget I have with this text - [recent_posts count=“4” orientation=“vertical”]

How can I get a new widget showing ‘last updated posts’

Thanks in advance

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

The recent post shortcode could not retrieve the most recent update post but what you can do it to create a category for the updated post and set the post you update to the category. Then you can make use of the recent post shortcode and use the category attribute like this:

[recent_posts count="4" orientation="vertical" category="recent-updated"]

That way, all the posts you set under recent update will be displayed through the shortcode.

Hi Jade,

Awesome, that worked perfectly, thank you!
The only question I have now is how to make ‘recent-updated’ appear invisible, ie. not show up on my categories list.

Cheers,

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

Please add this code in the global CSS:

.cat-item-1112 {
    display: none;
}

Thanks, that worked too!

Now final question, I promise! Any way to remove the original posted date banner from the posts in that category?

Thanks

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

This should do it:

.x-recent-posts .category-recent-updated .x-recent-posts-date {
    display: none;
}

Hi Jade,

That is perfect!

Thank you again for delivering truly excellent support. I have enough basic skills to install, configure and secure a WordPress site using X-Theme but the little questions and customizations, the helpful, responsive answers really make such a difference. This means I can focus on my photography.

Top notch support!

Cheers,

Alistair

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for good words, @AlistairEC. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.