Keep regular blog design while using layouts

Hi,
I’ve been doing a bit of stuff with the layouts and used one of the templates, which allows me to have categories on the top of my blog page (which is my goal). However, I’m not too happy with the design of the template I used and was wondering if there was a template that looked like the regular blog template while still keeping the categories on the top my blog page. Here’s a link to the design that I would like to use https://feheleyfinearts.com/category/videos/

Thanks,
Renzo.

Also,
Here is a link to what my blog currently looks like using the layouts tool: https://feheleyfinearts.com/learn/

Hello Renzo,

Thanks for writing to us.

Thanks for your precious feedback. We would try to bring more per design templates for you so that you can select the appropriate layout as we are adding more per design templates on the Design cloud.

Since you are a Pro user and you have a layout builder, you can design your custom layout for your archive pages. In case if you have not seen our layout builder tutorial video please have a look at it to learn more about how you can create a custom layout for the archive page.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I was able to make changes and make it look closer to what I would like. I had a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could help me with for the blog archive design.

1. how do I change the mouse hover of the “READ MORE -->”. Having the hover turn black does not go with the design of the rest of the site. I would prefer it it did not have any effect.
  2. how can I add the category of the blog post either over or under the blog title.

Hello Renzo,

To change the Read more color on hover you need to go to the Layout builder —> Select the element(It seems that you are using Headline Element) —>Text color—>Interaction set the color from her for the hover.

To add a category you need to add any element like Headline Element or Text Element, now add this dynamic content code to display the category. {{dc:term:name}}

Hope it helps
Thanks

Great, thank you.

You are welcome Renzo

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.