Just Installed Theme - Error Message Re: Cornerstone Plugin

I just installed the theme and am being asked to install the Cornerstone plugin:
" You’re almost ready to start using X. Please click here to install and activate the required Cornerstone plugin."

However, when I click the link in that message, I am taken to a page with this error message: “Unable to install Cornerstone. Destination folder already exists. /home/u189737323/domains/lea-isabelle.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/”

I followed the installation instructions according to the guide. What do I need to do to resolve this?

Hi Léa,

Thanks for reaching out.

I suggest that you delete the cornerstone plugin folder by using your file manager or FTP then go to this directory wp-content/plugins then look for the cornerstone folder and delete it. Once you are done deleting the folder then try to reinstall the cornerstone plugin again in your dashboard.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Léa Isabelle,

The thread has been open already.

Base on the error message, it seems that you are having a file permission issue where you cannot install the Cornerstone plugin. It is best that you download Cornerstone plugin from the secure note below and install it manually.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

“The thread has been open already.” — No, this thread had been closed, which is why I had to post a separate post with further details. I’m not sure why you would say that?

Unfortunately, your suggestion does not solve the problem because the problem has changed. Long story short, I deleted and reinstalled it, but I’m still not seeing the cornerstone plugin on the right menu bar, but please see my other post for complete details about the problem. (I would prefer to avoid sharing login info if at all possible.) Are you able to see my second post?

Hello Léa Isabelle,

Yes, the thread is closed already. As soon as I replied, I also reopened the thread.

We will be responding to your other thread.

Cheers.

I’m not sure I fully understand, but I’ll keep an eye on the other thread then. Thank you.

Hi @LeaIsabelle,

Great and just wait for our support to reply on your other thread.

Thank you.