JS Editor missing in Cornerstone

Hi there, I have a site where the JS editor is missing from Cornerstone for new users. The original Administrator account still shows it and CSS editor shows for everyone. Site and all plugins are up to date.

It’s got me stumped.

Hi Jake,

Are you using X for the site in question? If so, kindly double check if both X and Cornerstone are updated to the latest version.

If you have already updated both but the issue is still there, try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case the issue persists, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi Jade, yes we are using X Pro and as i already stated everything is up to date. I doubt it’s a plugin conflict as it works OK for one of the users on the site. (It’s a multisite).

It’s a production site so we have to be careful in making changes to the site. Can you give me an overview of what you want to change on the site while you are in there or are you just checking settings?

Also the JS Editor permission is turned on in the X Pro settings and i have made a new admin account (as per the secure note) which has the same issue of the JS editor missing.

Hello Jake,

Thanks for writing in!

Please log in using an administrator account and then please go to X > Settings > Permissions > Administrator > General > Pages and make sure that “Edit Custom JS” is enabled.

Please be advised that we have released X 6.5.6 and Cornerstone 3.5.5. It is now available in automatic updates. You can now update to this latest version. This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there, the permission you have detailed above is definitely present for the affected account. I’ll work on applying the upgrade, however it’s not straight forward being a multisite.

Hi @jake_wiredlans,

Let us know after the update. You might also try to reset the permission. Try disable existing permission and save. Then enable it again and save it. Try again after that.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.