Jerky site - Fixed/parallax images

Hi,

I wrote in a month or so ago regarding a jerky scroll on our website on another ticket but didn’t get very far. Went on holiday for a few weeks & am unable to reply to same ticket:

Anyway… I have been testing & it’s clear that there are issues with parallax or fixed images. I am just wondering if there is anything we can do to sort the jerky scroll on our website webandroll.co.uk ?

I have had a look on the X main site & compared it against ours. The X site scrolls perfectly & I’m wondering how. We have fewer requests, smaller site, loads faster etc.

Please see videos of me scrolling on macbook pro with chrome on both sites along with test results from gtmetrix in this folder - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ekfn53z340t5f0z/AAC2Ld01I76PAvl4Zu1sP9oya?dl=0

I have tested using smooth scroll but it makes it worse.

Any help would be appreciated. Also if you have a paid support service we are happy to pay to get a proper answer to this?

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting in.

Topics without reply in 10days will auto-close, and your last reply is about a month ago.

About the issue, I’m not seeing any jerky scrolling on my end, what browser and version you’re testing it with? And what OS version?

It’s nothing to do with sites load and its optimization, it’s related to javascript processing. Please try disabling some features (animation, easing, effects, etc.) at a time that are related to javascript and test it a time. Javascript uses CPU load and the more you have it, the more it will be slower. You may also try deactivating the plugins one at a time and test it.

Thanks.