Javascript error in ver 6.1.6

Hello, we are experiencing a new javascript error in ver 6.1.6. We have built over 40 sites on Pro using our resident plugin without issue. It only started showing up in version 6.1.6.

We’re wondering if there was a change in ver 6.1.6 that would cause the javascript error. Our current fix is to run ver 6.1.2, which is not ideal. Let us know what you discover, thanks!

Hi @SWWD,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked the video, but unfortunately unable to recognize the reason behind the problem you are facing. I am not sure if the Classic elements are conflicting with the said plugin, if that is the case, you can use the V2 element and check if that helps. I would suggest you update the Pro to its latest version i.e. 6.1.7 and check if that resolves your problem or not. If not, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– Specific page(s) where you are having the issue.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Please note that we do not guarantee a fix or compatibility for the 3rd Party plugins.

Thanks

@tristup thanks for reviewing. we have created an admin account for you and shared in secure note. please note that we’re running ver 6.1.2 because it’s last known stable version that does not cause the errors described. let us know what you discover, thanks!

Hi @SWWD,

Unfortunately, the given credentials are not working. Can you please check and send it once again?

Thanks

@tristup we have updated your credentials. Please try again, thanks.

Note that the only time we’re not seeing the issue is on sites that don’t use the search widget on homepage. For some reason, the search widget on standalone pages seem to work just fine. Hoping this will help debug as to why that javascript code only fires on the home page.

Hi @SWWD,

I have checked the Home Page again and found that the Search Widget is working fine.

If you are still having that issue, please update the Pro to its latest version i.e. 6.1.8, and check if that resolves it.

Thanks

@tristup Please note that we’re currently running ver 6.1.2 because it’s last known stable version that does not cause the errors described. The site owner complained about the site’s sluggishness so we had to revert to 6.1.2. We tried updating to 6.1.8. but the issues persisted. Please see the sites in the secure note to see other sites running 6.1.7 where issues remain.

Hello @SWWD,

We would highly recommend that you clone a site to a staging area. This is where you can test Pro version 6.1.8 and the ongoing Javascript that you have encountered. It is best to use the staging site so that you do not disrupt the main site. Once everything works, you can proceed to update the main site. Please check out this article and share with us the WP Access of your staging area;

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.