isVar to color control

Hi Themeco,

Is it possible to add the responsive isVar with value true to the color control of a headline or text parameter?

I get it to work so I can select different colors for different breakpoints but the color don’t change or I can’s select a color for a breakpoint.

Thanks for helping out.

Hey @Timmid,

Would you mind providing a screenshot of your setup so we can replicate it on our end? With your current setup, are you not getting the Responsive Styling for Color option?

Hi Christian,

Here a screenshot. and the parameter code I used.

I can select the different colors for each breakpoint but the colors don’t change. Only the base breakpoint color is used.

I use this in the string: {{dc:p:textColor.base}}

I also used isVar on the Margin as you can see but that is working fine if I set different margins of a breakpoint.

And the parameter code I used:

{
“headline” : {
“type” : “text”,
“label” : “Headline”,
“placeholder” : “headline text”
},
“textColor” : {
“label” : “Color”,
“type” : “color-pair”,
“isVar” : true,
“initial” : {
“base” : “#221406
}
},
“margin” : {
“type” : “group”,
“label” : “Margin”,
“params” : {
“topmargin” : {
“label” : “Top”,
“type” : “margin”
},
“bottommargin” : {
“label” : “Bttm”,
“type” : “margin”
}
}
}
}

Hey Tim,

Please do not forget to apply the {{dc:p:textColor.base}} in your Text element’s Color option. If this does not work, please provide us with your WP details so we can check your element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Yes I put the string in the color option as mentioned in the post above.

Here are wp details to check the website.

You had any chance to look into this?

Thank you.

As you have found out the breakpoint values don’t output for the base or alt of the color-pair. I’ve taken note and we’ll handle this sometime next year. Have a great day.

Hi Charlie. Thank you!

Hey @Timmid,

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.