Issues with the theme update, cornerstone won't load or won't see any content

I have issues with some my sites after the upgrade to X 8.0.10 (all versions of 8 actually).

Cornerstone will not see any of my content.

Also, all the product images have stopped showing on the WooCommerce main shop page.

Lastly, I can’t get rid of the “Congratulations, you’ve successfully updated X!” message either.

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects the visibility of your content.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Why should we have to test for plugin conflicts every time you all push out an update? I have well over 60 or 70 sites with this theme and they all did an auto update and have slowed to a crawl. You cannot get into the pages to edit, you cannot get into the theme options to make changes, and I have to install a previous version of cornerstone and x theme to do anything. Are you preparing a fix for this? I have deactivated all caching plugins. This is crazy and needs to stop. Last week when my client sites updated Cornerstone, the sites using Sililoquy crashed. Please tell me there is a fix in the works or this will sink my business.

1 Like

Now this is back for a dozen or so of my clients. This is a train wreck. Themeco needs to get this stuff figured out. My clients will not be open to changing all their plugins to versions that do not conflict with the latest version of x theme. Please help.

Capture

1 Like

Hi @kstidham,

Really sorry that your clients are facing such issues. The Plugin Conflict is a common troubleshooting that is required while we are not sure what is the exact reason and which plugin is the reason behind your issue. I would like to request you create a new thread to share the credentials in the secure note to investigate your issue further.

Thanks

I have done as much of this as possible, disabled all caches, relevant plugins one by one and switched to the main theme rather than my child theme (including CSS mods). No luck, I will add a secure note with login.

Hi @kstidham,

I have checked the given site and found that the Cornerstone is working fine. The *Cornerstone contents are loading properly and even creating the new page is also working fine. I have created a test page and add the page URL in the secure note. Can you please check once if this site is working or not.

Thanks

Thank you. I have checked and it still doesn’t work for me. No content is shown once Cornerstone loads.

The images are not showing on the WooCommerce shop home page:

And I can’t get rid of the update message about the theme, no matter how many times I dismiss it, it keeps coming back.

Hello Gabriel,

Thanks for updating in!

Your product images do not display because you have added this custom CSS:

.entry-featured {
    display: none;
}

Please remove this CSS if you want to see the Products.

The Cornerstone > Content has some conditions that when you have several pages, nothing will display. This is to prevent an endless loop when you have more pages/posts. You will have to insert or search a keyword on the field instead.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, that’s very helpful. I’m not sure why that CSS was there, it had been there for some time since the original web designer edited the template, but had not affected the images until now.

Can you offer any advice to get rid of the Themeco update popup? It won’t go away.

Hello Gabriel,

You are most welcome.

By the way, hitting the x icon on the right side should remove the popup.

Cheers.

Thanks, but I think I’d have worked that out on my own. I do this and it keeps coming back whenever an admin page is loaded or refreshed.

Hello Gabriel,

Kindly log out of your WP dashboard. Clear your browser cache and log in again. If you see the popup, click the x icon and check if it displays again on some other pages on the dashboard.

Cheers.

Tried that, and 3 different browsers, the notification will not go away. Please advise how we can remove it.

Hi Gabriel,

You can use this plugin to hide the notifications in your WordPress dashboard.

Thank you.

Yes, but why do I need to use a 3rd party plugin to hide the Theme Co notification that won’t go away on its own? No other notifications are stuck.

Hey Gabriel,

It’s because the notice won’t disappear only on your site. This doesn’t happen to any of our sites.

There could be a setting in your wp-config.php or caching setup in your server that makes our admin notice persistent.

Would you mind updating your X and Cornerstone to the latest version? Then, copy your live site to staging and we’ll investigate further if the issue persists there.

Please give us the following information in a Secure Note

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password
  • Staging FTP details

Thanks.

The same access details apply from the earlier secure post.

Hi Gabriel,

It is one of your plugins causing the notification won’t go away because when I tried to disable all your plugins for a little bit then remove the notification from themeco then reactivate again all your plugins, the themeco notification is not there anymore.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.