Issues with 'loopers' displaying post categories

Hi,

I have created an ‘archive’ layout for my blog posts.
I have set the page title text to {{dc:archive:name}} and the title successfully changes based on which category the visitor clicks.

I have also successfully got the blog post feeds to display which ever category the user clicks.
However the feed of blog posts is repeated:

https://citizenclick.org.uk/category/archive-news-2021/

https://citizenclick.org.uk/category/archive-news-2022/

What I would like to achieve is a list of 4 or 5 posts in date order from the category that’s being viewed.
At the moment I can only get it to show 1 post or 4/5 of the same post.

All help welcome.

Hello @Nate_Sheridan,

Thanks for writing to us.

By default, it would show all the posts of the specific category on the selected category archive page. Please make sure you have not set any conditions on your layout or you have not added any custom code. In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

That’s great, thanks.

I haven’t added any custom code but I do have two layouts:

1. for specifically for the ‘News’ category, which works fine.
  2. The other for all other categories outside of ‘News’

Kind regards

Hello @Nate_Sheridan,

Thanks for sharing the login details it seems that you set the Looper Provide as “All Terms”
Archive-News-2021-2020-Layout-Builder-Pro

I would suggest you please set the Looper Provider as “OFF” since on the Category Archive page there is a default loop running so you don’t need an extra loop here.

Hope it helps
Thanks

1 Like

Ah that’s great.
I know it would be something simple I was missing!

Can you point me in the direction of some tutorials/articles around loopers and consumers?
Struggling to fully understand how the flow data should travel.

Many thanks.

Hello @Nate_Sheridan,

You can check our documentation of Looper and consumers from here.

You can also check the video tutorial as well

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.