Issues with Blog setup (part 2)

Hello,

I had follow-up questions for this post:


…but the topic was closed (I was too slow to get to it, sorry!).

So I found part of my answers from this post:

I was able to create a post in WP editor as suggested, then Edit it in Cornerstone.

Here is the original WP version: https://neomedia.io/blog/interview-podcast-entrepreneurs/
And here is the Cornerstone version: https://neomedia.io/blog/interview-podcast-entrepreneurs-2/

It is indeed much better to edit it in Cornerstone as there are a lot more formating capabilities :slight_smile:

I have a few follow-up questions:

  1. How can I edit the format of the post’s title and remove the little icon before the title?
    http://cloud.neomedia.io/pOHU
  2. How can I select an image to show up as a post thumbnail on the blog page without having that image appear at the top of the post itself (which is what happens when I select a “featured image” in the WP editor?
  3. How can I add a sidebar to all the “posts” (but not to the "pages)?
  4. Is there a way to add Social Sharing buttons on the posts?

Thank you for your help!

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Please use this code in the custom CSS:

.entry-title:before, .single-post .entry-featured {
    display: none;
}

Your Content Layout must be set to Content Left, Sidebar Right or Sidebar Left, Content Right and your Blog Layout must be set to Use Global Content Layout provided that the global content layout is Fullwidth. For your pages not to have a sidebar, you must choose a page template that has no sidebar. The default page template will have a sidebar in this case because it’ll get the setting of the Content Layout in the Theme Options.

Please add this code in the functions.php file of the child theme:

// Add Social Sharing after the single post content
// =============================================================================

function x_add_social_sharing ( $content ) {
  if ( is_singular('post') ) {
    echo do_shortcode('[share title="Share this Post" facebook="true" twitter="true" google_plus="true" linkedin="true" pinterest="true" reddit="true" email="true"]');
  }
}
add_action('x_before_the_content_end', 'x_add_social_sharing');

Hope this helps.

Thank you @Jade for the prompt response.

  1. That custom CSS code worked to remove the icon and the featured image from the top of the article.
    You did not answer my question regarding the format of the post title: where can I edit its font type and size?

  2. Not sure I understood this… I set Content Layout to “Content Left, Sidebar Right” and Blog Layout to “Use Global Content Layout”. It did partly what I want: my home page does not show the side bar, the Posts are showing a sidebar… but the Blog page is also showing a sidebar. How can I set it up to the Blog page remains without a sidebar?

  3. Worked like a charm, thanks! Is there a way to customize how the social icons look? Like, make them their original colors for example?

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Joseph

Hi There,

  1. Use this custom CSS to style your posts title. You can add this to Theme Options > CSS
/*posts title styling*/
.single-post h1.entry-title {
	font-family: "Your font name", sans-serif;
	font-size: 1.5em;
	font-weight: bold;
	color: red;
}

Replace the Your font name with the actual name of the font you want to use, the sans-serif there is just a fallback/default.

  1. Although you name this page as blog, but that is not really a Blog index page, that is just a normal page with Essential Grid. To remove the sidebar of any page, please use a Blank - No Container | Header, Footer template for that page.


  1. Yes that is possible, please add the following custom CSS to Theme Options > CSS
/*social share icon colors*/
.x-entry-share .x-icon-facebook-square {color: blue;}
.x-entry-share .x-icon-twitter-square {color: cyan;}
.x-entry-share .x-icon-google-plus-square {color: red;}
.x-entry-share .x-icon-linkedin-square {color: navy;}
.x-entry-share .x-icon-pinterest-square {color: magenta;}
.x-entry-share .x-icon-reddit-square {color: tomato;}
.x-entry-share .x-icon-envelope-square {color: black;}

You’ll know which line is for which icon base on the selector.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Perfect, thank you so much!

One last question: you told me to add the code below to the custom CSS in order not to have the featured image show up at the top of the post

Do I need to add this code in each individual post or is there a way to add it somewhere else so I don’t have to do it for each new post?

Hi there,

Please add it in X > Theme Options > CSS.

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks !

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.