Issues with blog index (archive) in the layout builder together with WPML

Hi there,

We wanna add on a blog to our current website (built with Pro). I’ve understand that the layouter builder is perfect for creating templates for blog startpage/index (archive) and Single Post Page. Do I still need to “point out” the startpage for the blog in Settings -> Reading inside Wordpress admin? If I then understand correctly I need to first create an empty page, called for example, “blog”. Then go to Settings -> Reading and choose that page as a startpage for the blog?

Then create a new layout by using Layout builder choosing “Archive” and after the Archive layout is setup I will have to go to the settings panel and choose assignment blog page? Is this steps the correct way of doing it or am I missing something? I’ve done it this way and sort of get it to work for the default language but when i’m trying to create a Swedish version of the archive layout I get an error message:
Skärmavbild 2022-03-24 kl. 08.49.41

Any idea?

Hello @jonasdbj,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks @prakash_s I have now added a secure note.

@prakash_s hi there! Have you had time to investigate the problem?

Hey @jonasdbj,

Regretfully, our layout translation flags don’t currently work so please don’t use them for now. Your Swedish blog inherits the English blog layout. The problem with that though is you can’t have unique elements per language like the Les Mer button. You can’t turn it to Read More in the English blog so for text content like that, I’d recommend you not use words for now. For example, you can set the Read More to an icon like an arrow icon ->. enable the Graphic option of the Button element and choose the arrow icon.

By the way, I changed the WPML permalink to use a subdirectory as that will open the builder directly when you click on the admin menu link.

Hope that helps.

Hi @christian and thanks for your reply. Well, that’s very sad. A question though - do you think a workaround would be to create a page (in english and swedish) and then by the help of loopers etc build a blog index page and also a page for single blog post? I mean just to be able to use both languages.

Hi @jonasdbj,

Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this right now.

Thanks

I understand @tristup - I hope you will add it to your feature list because I think it’s not only me who want’s this functionality.

Hi @jonasdbj,

I will surely check and will add this if there are any possibilities to add this as the feature request.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.