Issues after Cornerstone 3.3.8 and X Theme 6.3.8 updates

Hi,

I am experiencing some issues with my website after the two latest updates of Cornerstone and X Theme, I have rolled back several times to see what is causing this issue and it seems to be whenever I update Cornerstone.

There are several issues that I am experiencing since updating such as: Navigation bar links are broken, unable to size embed YouTube video, and CSS doesn’t appear to be working on the home page, the last issue is that one of the Image slider images are not showing however they are on a different one.

These are images of before and after the updates:

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Hello James,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the website and it seems that you have rolled back to version 6.2.5 of X Theme. In that regards, it’s a bit difficult for us to take a closer look at the website and the reasons for the problem that was showing up.

Having said that, I suggest you to set-up a staging server and copy the website and update X Theme and Cornerstone over there. In case problem comes up, the same can be looked at without affecting the live website.

Here’s an article that you can take a look for reference:

Thanks.

Hello Prasant,

Sorry about the roll back it was just so our website was usable for customers, and that is why I supplied images of before and after if you need anything else I can get you to help with resolving this issue would not be a problem.

I have created a staged version of our website and tried to update the plug-in and theme but the same issue is occurring any ideas on how we could fix this?

The website has been updated so that you can look at the issues with it.

Thanks.

Hello James,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked the website and can see the issues that you have reported. Please try out following solutions and let us know how it goes:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. I see you are using WP Super cache. Please clear cache.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello Prasant,

Thanks for replying,

I have tried to clear my style cache several times but this didn’t seem to fix my problem. The problem seemed to fix itself when i turned off the third party plug-ins then turned them back on. I have all the same plug-ins turned back on as before but i do not have the problems.

There is one issue with the navigation bar, whenever I click on a link the href is set to #x-content-band(number), is there a way in which i can change this. I tried to edit my menus and change the URL but this just seems to break the link.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thanks again for writing in!
Glad that the issue has been resolved.

Regarding the menu issue, please update the respective content band ID as menu link.
If you are changing only the menu link then it wont work.
Please change the IDs of respective content that you have the link. after that clear your cache.

Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for replying,
I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you mean by this, I am able to change the URL within the editing menus tab but this seems to break the link.

The links that I am trying to change the href link on are linked to content that is on the same page is this what is causing the problem?

This is only way that I know how to change the URL so any help on fixing this would be a appreciated.

Also there are 2 headers on my home page that are aligned to the left when they should be in the centre, I followed another forum post that had been replied to but I can’t seem to get them into the middle. I tried to add code into the CSS of my web page and this didn’t work.

Thanks

Hey James,

X now allows the fragment or the # part of the URL to be added when clicking a jump link. That is the default behavior of the browser and is good for UX because you can share a specific part of your page.

If you want to change the hash (#) part, you will need to change the ID of the Content Band since I see you’re using Visual Composer. I don’t see the ID field now though. It should be above the class.

Regretfully, you will need to use the generated ID for now. I’ll post this in our issue tracker so our development team would be made aware of this problem in due time.

By the way, if your content spans Fullwidth again, go to WPBakery Page Builder Settings > General and make sure “Legacy X Integration” is enabled. A common request we get is to not overwrite parts of the WPBakery Page Builder. For more details regarding the changes, please check out our latest release notes at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/release-notes-pro-2-3-x-6-3-cornerstone-3-3/44607

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.