Issue with Non-Static Content

Today I noticed that my homepage content is not showing up right: https://studentloansherpa.com

The page was built using cornerstone and text that is supposed to appear as you scroll down or numbers that are supposed to tally up are not moving.

I tried updating Cornerstone and X, but it did not fix the problem.

I also notice that when I click on post categories, the content does not load. Example: https://studentloansherpa.com/category/blog/

I suspect these two issues are related.

I should also mention that when I try to edit my Front Page in Cornerstone, it does not load properly.

One time I tried to load it and it just hung up on the spinning circle.

Another time I tried loading it, the individual elements of the page would not (this time getting stuck with the spinning circles for each element)

I am now getting this error when I try to load cornerstone: A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.

I’ve deactivated Cloudflare and optimization plugins, cleared my browser cache, but the issue remains.

Update: I was able to get into the Cornerstone editor. I disabled all animation on my homepage and the content now shows up. It is a temporary fix, but it will do for now. However, I still have no way of getting my category pages to load the … loading graphic just keeps repeating.

Update 2: I was able to fix the category and archive pages by switching it from masonry mode to standard mode. I think the standard mode does not have the same loading graphic. My issues will no longer appear on the front end of the site, but I’m nearly certain that any X related animation is not working.

Hi there,

Based on your given information, the cause is javascript conflict/error. Animation and masonry are controlled by javascript. Though, I can’t check it since you already disable and change them. Would you mind setting it back again when the issue is still there? Then I’ll check what error is triggering this.

Thanks!

Rad,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m thrilled that you are already well on the way to solving my issue.

I’m a little bit concerned about activating any of the animation or masonry as it looks very unprofessional in its current condition. Would it be possible for us to schedule a time when you are going to check it out?

I know you guys are swamped, so I definitely understand that there is a delay getting to these requests, but if we could minimize that amount of time that my site isn’t functioning, I’d really appreciate it.

You just name a time, and I’ll activate the masonry again.

Hi There,

Since we cannot promise specific time because it really depends on when your reply will hit our queue of questions, what we can do is activate masonry and then check. After we are done checking, we can deactivate it again. If that is fine for you, let us know then. Another option is if you can setup a staging site, that would be better. That way, we can do testing on staging site without affecting the live site.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.