Issue with contributor role editing pages

Hello, I’m trying to set up a Contributor role who can edit a page whose changes would be reviewed and published by another user with an admin role. Out of the box, WordPress doesn’t seem to allow editing roles, so I’ve installed the PublishPress Capabilities plugin and updated the settings to allow a Contributor role to edit a page but not publish. I’ve also updated the settings in Pro to align with the settings in this plugin. It appears that Pro is allowing the Contributor user to edit a page but the editor never loads (screenshot below) for these users with this role. Is there a trick to getting Pro to play nice with modified WordPress roles?

Thanks in advance for any guidance around this!

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for writing in! Please make sure that you have set up the permissions properly. Kindly check out this documentation first. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your permission settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.