Is there any way to control post tags in individual posts?

Each time there is an update, my widgets disappear from my posts in Cornerstone or don’t appear correctly. Several times, email forms have disappeared and now, all post tags have disappeared. I’ve had to manually re-insert these things several times now. Can I just use a shortcode instead to add all post tags? Or, change the theme so that all post tags auto appear at the bottom of post pages (or on the /blog page)?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like WordFence, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache? Please keep in mind that after doing every updates or even simple tiny site changes, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

I am not sure what stack you are using. If you want to display the post tags at the end of the post content, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Add tags after the content
// =============================================================================
function add_post_tags(){ ?>
    <?php if ( has_tag() && is_single() ) : ?>
      <footer class="entry-footer cf">
        <?php echo get_the_tag_list( '<p><i class="x-icon-tags" data-x-icon="&#xf02c;"></i>'. __( 'Tags:', '__x__'), ', ', '</p>' ); ?>
      </footer>
    <?php endif; ?>
<?php }
add_action('x_after_the_content_end', 'add_post_tags');
// =============================================================================

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi thanks for this. Tried adding this code to child theme functions.php and keep getting an internal 500 error. Now can’t log into site. Host is Themeco. Stack is Integrity. Not using caching plugins. Last update seemed to “erase” widgets - I added one back in just for testing. It would be better if there’s a way I can add in post tags to each post via saved content block.

Hello There,

I have tested the code over and over and this does not result to an Error 500. I am guessing that there is an invalid quotes when you have pasted in over the child theme’s functions.php file. Would you mind giving us access to your ftp so that we can resolve this issue?

On the other hand, there is no option at the moment that displays the post tags via a saved block content. You may have saved block but it would not dynamically generate the post tags for each post.

Hope this helps.