Is there an updated ICON shortcode? The legacy one is not working after SVG update

I have SVG turned on but obviously it doesn’t affect the ICON shortcode. Is there a way to have the ICON shortcode display the icons as SVG? Right now they are not displaying at all (I’m just getting boxes in Chrome).

Or is there a new shortcode we can use to display the latest FA icons?

The shortcodes will only use webfonts right now. However it should auto add the webfonts when you use the short code. You are using x_icon right? Can you send me a URL to look at? There’s a couple of other instances of icons that need moving, such as this and Video and audio elements.

Hi Charlie! Thanks for the response.

I tried using both x_icon and just icon:
[x_icon type=“check-square” style=“color: #f148ac; top: 0.4em;”]
[icon type=“check-square” style=“color: #f148ac; top: 0.4em;”]
Works perfectly fine in Safari and Firefox. Just Chrome is giving me problems. From what I could see in the console, it’s saying there is a CORS issue, though I have cross-domain set up. It’s not affecting the Font Awesome icons in the navbar, but those are displaying as SVG so I was thinking that would solve my problem. :slight_smile:

URLs are in the Secure note …

On your CDN that’s serving up FontAwesome I’m getting a “CORS” error. Meaning it won’t load the font files from that CDN to your site. I’ll send a little more info in the secure note.

Thank you for that link! As I mentioned, I did see a CORS issue in the console, but even though I had previously set up CORS in AWS (as the link shows) it still wasn’t working. The link - however - also mention an IAM setting, so I’ll add that in and hopefully it will fix it. SO APPRECIATIVE of your response. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, those instructions were for S3 … and I’m using a custom origin. So, it’s not applicable. But thank you for your quick response. I’ve shut off the CDN for now …

Happy to help. Have a great weekend.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.