Is there a way to make sections the same size? Or a way to customise their size easier?

Hi, I’m trying to make sections similar to the: http://demo.theme.co/spa/ , as in, almost everys section (bar the top) is seemingly very similar in size. I’ve tried recreating the exact sections from scratch, to work with a paralax background, but the section size is always seemingly random. How do you get so much control over the size of the section boxes?

I’ve created images of similar size, duplicated all elements in other sections and moved them to a new section, but nothing looks correct. Am I missing something?

Hope you can help,

Thanks,
Matthew

Hey Matthew,

To replicate the Spa demo, it is best that you import it to your site or a staging site and replicate its setup. All the sections in the Spa demo span the fullwidth of the screen.

Please also give us the URL of the page you’re building so we could check the setup.

Thanks.

I’ve added a secure note to the first post.All I’m trying to do is figure out a way to make sections similar to the Theme Co created ones. On the website, ‘Section 1’ is an attempt at coping the ‘Images’ section, but even with the duplicated elements, the size is dramatically different.

A solution is to just duplicate the ‘Images’ section, but I’d like to understand how Theme Co do it so I can do it freely in the future.

Hope you can help!

If you mean the section background images, your images need to 1280 x 530px in size and then adjust the sections top and bottom padding as per your design. For the exact settings, please take a look at each sections’ configuration.

Thanks.

I tried copying the exact configuration. Both have 80px padding, their sizes and looks and just entirely different. I updated the website to show my attempt at copying Theme.co’s settings, and a duplicate of the section which might better show my issue.

Please provide a screenshot of that section and the section you’re copying from our demo so we could see the issue.

Thanks.

Okay sure thing, attaching a note below.

All I’d like to do is freely adjust the section size correctly. I feel like my attempts are incorrect, given copying the same details on the Theme Co spa one are giving me different results.

Hi there,

I checked our demo and I can’t find the section you’re trying to copy. But if you’re trying to copy the first section spacing, then use percentage padding (about 10%) instead of pixel padding. Your current padding is 80px and it will not scale since it’s fixed.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.