Is there a way to automatically save progress in pro builders?

Hello, my designer is having issues with the builders, every so often she is unable to save her progress, receiving the “uh oh! content failed to save” error message. The problem seems to be that she has been logged out of Wordpress. But we cannot figure out why this is happening. No one else is logging in with her username.

Regardless of why it may be happening, we are wondering if there is a way to have the progress automatically saved in the pro builders, just in case this continues to happen.

If this is not possible currently, we would like to request it as a feature. This would significantly add to our peace of mind while designing/building pages with Pro, knowing that we don’t have to hit the save changes button every 30 seconds to make sure we don’t lose any of our work.

Let me know what is possible. Thank you.

Also, can you have your development team create a list of possible reasons why the “uh oh! content failed to save” message might be displayed. For example:

• user is automatically logged out of wordpress
  • another user “takes over” editing the page in question
  • another user accesses the content builder (by the way, is it possible for two users to be editing different pages/headers/footers within the Pro builders at the same time?)
  • Pro builder is unable to cache properly
  • no more memory left
  • etc…

This list would be helpful for troubleshooting, because currently we don’t know all the reasons the “uh oh…” error message might appear. I am aware of the Common Issue page in the docs, but this is not specific to the “uh oh…” error message.

thanks again!

Hi @adaptifyDesigns,

Thanks for reaching out.

I suggest that your designer will use the keyboard shortcut to save the builder which is ctrl + S for windows and command +s for mac users.

I also recommend the following troubleshooting procedures for fixing the uh oh! content failed to save problem.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.