Is cache needed for banner updates

Hi there, every time I update my shop banner in FTP it takes awhile before it appears (hours) even if I clear my browser cache. I don’t have any cache plugins activated within wordpress/x theme, do I need to?

I’m using chrome but I tested it in other browsers like edge and mobile ones, same problem.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you’re not using any caching plugin, can you try testing your changes using an online proxy or a VPN and see if you can see the changes immediately.

Most common issue is that ISPs (internet service providers) also keeps a caching on their servers. So if you have accessed your site recently, you may still see the same copy even though the browser cache is cleared. You can test that using a proxy or VPN.

Thanks!

Hi there! Sorry I’m not familiar with an online proxy or vpn, can you explain a bit more or recommend a program/URL I should use?

Thanks!

Hi There,

It seems your site is under CloudFlare, please purge the CloudFlare cache every time you update something on the site to immediately see the changes.

Thanks,

Hi there, my Cloudflare plugin isn’t activated though? I tried purging it anyway but nothing happens…
can you explain about the VPN or proxy mentioned earlier?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Basically what it does is that you can load your site through a different server in a different location. If you see the changes, that means the caching issue within your network as mentioned earlier.

If you don’t see the changes, it could be related to your server caching.

For example, try using the following online proxy to load your site after doing a change.
https://hide.me/en/proxy

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.