Internet Explorer 11 Rendering Problems

Hello,

I’m using version 6.4.6 of Xtheme and IE 11.0.105 to test.

1. My slider revolution slides. I’ve got two slides on the home page and they should come up like they do on Firefox and Chrome, however IE shows a dark screen where the slides should be. I think this is because if I use an image filter in slider revolution then IE doesn’t want to show the image. Is there a way to put some css or js in so that if IE pulls up my slider, it goes to no filter image, but when any other browser pulls up my website, you see the filter image?

2. The xtheme cards that flip are showing the text on the back side of the card on IE 11. I believe this is because I have the front side of the card’s color as slightly transparent, but on the other browsers I’m not getting weird see-through cards showing the backside text. Is there a way to keep the slight transparency on other browsers but just let IE have no transparency so the words don’t show through?

Thank you!

Hey @FJP,

Thanks for reporting.

1. Slider Revolution is compatible with IE11. I checked your site registered with your license it it’s currently in under construction so I couldn’t investigate. Just note that we could not promise an immediate fix in case a bug is found.
    Also, please provide the URL and access next time to speed things up.

2. Though you can set the Classic Card’s background to transparent, it wasn’t designed to have a transparent background as you can see the default background color is solid. Regretfully, you’ll need to use a solid background for the card element if IE11 is important for you. Also, the flip transition is not supported in IE11. Providing customization for this is beyond the scope of our support.

Thanks.

Hello,

1. I’ve given backend access so you can see the slider revolution and it not working with IE 11. I look forward to your thoughts on how one might be able to use the filter method for other browsers but not for IE 11 as it does not like filters.

2. Thank you for this information.

Hi @FJP,

I checked the case and unfortunately, indeed IE11 does not support the filters you have mentioned. There is no workaround for this except the fact that you need to apply the filter on the image using an image editing software and then upload the image and avoid using the programmatically added filter of the plugin if the IE 11 usage is important for your customers.

Thank you.

Hi,

I can see you have withdrawn your post, please let us know if you need help with any issues with the theme.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.