Intermittent loading on specific devices


So our site, loads fine on some devices and not on others. Devices have been optimised to rule out that they are the issue. We have tried multiple WIFI connections, browsers etc… our pingdom tests returned no obvious errors.

The issues are occurring on a select number of iPads and a Samsung galaxy s5.

Screenshot attached. The white area on desktop shows images / content.

Might also be worth noting that Pro seems to be acting very weird on desktop too.

Hi @lifecentralvenuehire,

Thanks for reaching out.

I just checked on multiple devices and I don’t see any issue, attached is the screenshot from my iPad.

What browser and IOS version you’re testing this with?


All devices are on latest firmware. Browsers tried are safari and chrome.

Just tested on a galaxy A3 2017 and gets the same issue. I suspect a bug somewhere.

In the past hour or so the site has begun running very slow. I’ve encountered a few times where Pro has made the site run quite slow.

Hey Shaun,

I see the rendering issue though it happens and disappears really fast. It only happens in your “The Auditorium” section which contains extremely large images. Try removing all your images first to see if the issue will persists. It’s also most probably why your site is slow. Your page weighs 16 MB which is huge.

If your target audience uses 4k displays, at least try to optimize your images. You can see how in our Performance Guide. Just note that it is only a guide or a starting point. For complete website speed optimization audit or service, you will need to consult with a third party developer.


Page has now been reduced to 3.7MB still seems to be running slow?

Could it be this? Found it in the console.

Hello @lifecentralvenuehire,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I tested your website on GTmetrix to see the issues related with performance and load time. I am sharing the test result URL in secure note that you can take a look. Couple of things you need to check and I am sharing the tutorial link that you can take a look.

  1. Serve scaled images:
  2. Defer parsing of javascript:
  3. Specify a cache validator:
  4. Remove query strings from static resources:

I would also encourage you to take a look at our performance optimization guide:

Please try out above solutions and see how it goes.


This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.