Intermittent Error Establishing Database Connection

Hi, I have had an ongoing intermittent “Error Establishing Database Connection” for approximately 2 months. I have X in a Godaddy managed Wordpress account. I have gone back and forth with Godaddy’s Wordpress experts for a month, deactivating plugins, etc etc. They finally traced the issue to Cloudflare, which they say is installed along with X. Yesterday, they said as follows:

"We are suspecting that external scripts that are being called are causing the issues which halts the connection on your server. We have checked where the scripts reside and found that they were sourced from CDN - [link]:

  • [link]
  • [link]

Please see more screenshots of the referenced URLs:

  • [link]

We ran your site through a CDN checker - https://www.cdnplanet.com/tools/cdnfinder/ and found that it is using Cloudfare. Please see screenshot - [link]

If you would, can you please confirm with your web developer if your site was somehow added to CDN?"

I asked them disable Cloudflare. They say:

“Unfortunately, we were unable to find an option to delete or disconnection to Cloudfare. Since the scripts which were loaded from cdn by your theme. It is also causing the maximum database connections which is disconnecting the database. We suggest contacting the theme developer - https://theme.co/apex/support/ with regards to this issue.”

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Hi there,

I’m not sure what they’re getting at, but we (and our products, X, Pro, Cornerstone) have no official connection or relationship to CloudFlare. We also don’t automatically setup any CDN. Usually those things are setup by the host, or setup manually.

If it’s CloudFlare related, you might have your DNS pointed there. Your host would be able to check on that.

If it’s CDN resources being loaded incorrectly, they could be coming from a plugin you have active on the site.

Ok. Thank you. I’ll go back to Godaddy.

Hi @Greenbackd,

Let us know how it goes.

THanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.