Interface keeps freezing

Hi,

For the last month or so I keep getting situations where the interface freezes. Usually its when I’m working on a responsive setting as per screenshot below. In that example nothing I clicked on had any effect, even the save button. Sometimes the Save button works, sometimes clicking outside the responsive settings panel unfreezes it, but often I’ll have to reload the page, losing any unsaved work. I think it started happening 2 updates ago?

Is there anything I can do at my end?

Hey @DesignMunky,

Please provide the following details in a Secure Note so we could test if the issue will happen on our end.

1. Page URL you’re having a problem with
  2. WordPress Login URL
  3. Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hey @DesignMunky,

I tried working on your page and I didn’t experience any hiccups. Please try a different computer with no browser extensions and using the latest version of the browser. The recommended browser is Chrome.

Also, please record a video of the issue so we could see how you edit the page exactly so maybe we can replicate the issue that way.

Hi Christian,

I suspect you may be onto something with the browser extensions. I use Chrome with One Password and VidIQ extensions. I have switched them off and it seems like its fixed the problem - though it is annoying to have to switch them on and off all the time. Is this something I should mention to the app extension people?

Cheers,
Darren.

Hello Darren,

The app extension looks for forms continuously. Most of the time, the app extension script hijacks the page and this may cause the issue. We can only recommend that while you are using the builder, you may turn off any app extension or use a different browser like MS Edge, Brave or another browser that has no app at all.

Cheers.

Hey Ruenel,

Understood, thanks. I’m using a Mac. Other than Chrome, do you have a browser that you would suggest is best to use?

Thanks,
Darren.

Hi Darren,

You can check it in Mozilla Firefox or Safari.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.