Interaction links selected when only one should be

So, I have a blog and a guides post type which should be completely separate but when I click Guides they both fade as if they were selected and I’m not sure why…
screenshot 2021-04-07 at 18.38.57

https://snowwatch.tempurl.host/guides/

Hi Daniel,

I have found the issue in your website and able to replicate the same in my local environment, I suspect this could be a bug on the latest version theme, and have reported it to the developers for further investigation.

Thanks for understanding

1 Like

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Also, this could be related to the issue I am having here: https://bit.ly/3fYGqmf ???

Hello Daniel,

The Guides and Advisory is a custom post type. The Blog index is the parent page of the post-type archives. Therefore, when the current page is a custom post-type archive, the blog is the current page parent.

Regretfully at the moment, we do not have a condition that specifies the custom post archives. You can only use “All Archives”. Using the “Post Type is Advisory” condition will only work for single layouts.

A feature request has already been so that there will be an option to have a condition that shows which particle archives like post type archive or particular tag and category archive assignments.

Hope this helps.

Hello :wave:

Gah! That is frustrating.

Good to hear it is in the works though (soon hopefully!) :slight_smile:

Hold up, I’m confused now…

Post type = Guide works for Archives so why not for Advisories as they are done in the same way?

Hello Daniel,

The “Post Type” is “{custom post type}” will only work for a single layout. This condition will not work in archive pages. A feature request has already been added that a specific condition for custom post type should be added to easily assign any layout to a specific custom post type just like in your case.

Thank you for your understanding.

You’ve lost me. Why? Because it DOES work for custom post type unless I am missing something.!

Hello Daniel,

Sorry for the confusion. The condition now works for the archive layout.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.