Integrity - cannot change header or footer - base.php not used?

I need to put some snippets in the header (just after the tag) and footer areas for Facebook and G+.

I’ve read on other threads that this is a case of creating a child theme and then changing the file at views/header/base.php so tried that and no change.

I did successfully edit views/integrity/_content-post-header.php (after copying it into the child theme) and these edits work perfectly.

I tried renaming base.php in the header directory to x-base.php (in both the main theme folder and the child folder) just to try and break the site but it works perfectly! So where do you edit the code that contains the and tags?

Just after writing this I found it in framework/legacy/cranium/headers/view/global. Is this because the other threads are out of date or is there something odd in my setup … ?

Hello Tim,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

If the requirement to to place Facebook and Google Plus codes in header/footer, may I suggest you a simpler and easy to setup solution? If you were to take my suggestion then please take a look at Insert Headers and Footers plugin. You can easily place scripts in header or footer using the plugin. You can download Insert Headers and Footers from following source:

To help you get started, here is a tutorial that you can take a look:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks for the fast reply. I generally try to keep plugins to an absolute minimum because of the clash issues which are the curse of WP ;). So if it is a one off bit of code I have a preference to just drop it into the right template …

Hello @Isayenko,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

In that case, please use the solution mentioned in following thread by one of our community members:

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.