Install child theme after x parent theme has been modified

Hi,

I have created a website (jamieharrisonmusic) using X parent theme. I have made some changes to the custom css and other customizer settings.

Now I realised I should have installed a child theme.

Can I start using a child theme somehow and import all my settings into it from the parent theme?

Please provide instructions as to how I can do this.

Thanks so much
Jamie

PS. I found this topic on an earlier thread but the content was from a long time ago so it says that it may not be relevant now.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! If you have directly edited any parent theme template files, you will need to move those changes to your child theme once you install it.

Customizer configurations and settings will be remain as it is and there’s no impact with the child theme.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.