Insert portfolio list on multiple pages using X Pro or Essential Grid?

Hello. I want to insert a “portfolio list” at the bottom of each of the pages describing one of our portfolio items. For reference, see https://www.thumbprintbooks.ca/grandfather-story/ — at the bottom of the page you’ll see the portfolio items listed so a viewer can click on another portfolio item to get details. (The theme I used to create that website has a “portfolio list” option so I could include portfolio items to get that effect.)

Is there a way I should do this in X Pro (I can’t find information about how to do this in the knowledge base or a quick search of the support tickets)? Or do you recommend I use Essential Grid to do this using images from the media section? Thanks for your help with this question.

As I’ve thought about this further, I think I’ll create a section with rows and save it as a template block that I can then add to the other pages.

Hi there,

The fact is that we do not have a shortcode or element in the Cornerstone to list the portfolio items. Instead, we have a page template which if you set the Page Template to the portfolio, the whole page will change into a Portfolio Listing one:

But if you do that, you will lose the ability to use the Cornerstone as it will use a complete another page template:

So I think it will not be a good choice for you. The Essential Grid is an interesting alternative. You can set the source of the grid to be pulled from the portfolio items:

Then you will have the ability to add that to the end of each page using the Essential Grid Element in the Cornerstone.

So I also agree that you have a better chance implementing the layout you like using the Essential Grid plugin.

Thank you.

Thank you for your thoughts. I need to use X Pro (Cornerstone) to edit the rest of the page, so can’t use the Portfolio page template. I try to keep additional plugins to a minimum because of time it takes to update them in the future. So I’ve decided to use a Section with rows that I have saved as a template block and will insert into the other pages. Unfortunately this option doesn’t give me interaction/particle options like headers/footers do, but I can live with those limitations.

Hey There,

We are glad that you have found a way to resolve your issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.