Independant Columns

Hi, I’m trying to create a layout which has (and excuse me if I’m using the wrong terminology) a floating column. I’ve attached a screenshot to better explain what I’m trying to do. Red is rows, blue is columns and the green arrows are basically where I need the content to go.

I’m intending to use this as a template going forwards to make lots of versions of this page, and obviously each version will have different numbers of ingredients and/or steps, and I want the columns to not interfere with the vertical spacing of each other regardless of the amount of content in them.

In other words, is it possible to have the ‘ingredients’ text in that 2nd row float over the columns in the rows underneath?

Website is www.katiemillett.com
Login details to follow in private post.

I should also mention, this is being done in the form of a post rather than a page. Not sure if that makes a huge difference or not.

Gave up waiting since lots of other threads posted after mine have been answered… Restructured the page instead.

Hey there,

Sorry but I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve. It looks like you want to stick column like this https://youtu.be/W7Frz0WliQw?t=161. If so, that would need a third party plugin like Sticky Anything.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.