Increasing number of columns on portfolio pages

Hi.

My client has asked me to make her X-Themed website full width and increase the number of columns on portfolio pages from the current maximum of 4. I’ve figured out the CSS changes needed to make the site full-width, but I’m struggling to figure out what changes I need to make to my child theme in order to increase the number of columns. Could anyone please point me in the right direction of the theme files I need to edit, and the changes I need to make to achieve this? I would also like to change the responsive break-points at which the number of columns changes too.

Thanks in advance,
Mathew Taylor

Hi Mathew

The best solution would be to use one of our addons THE GRID or Essential Grid to create a grid using portfolio items as a source and add the grid to a standard page.

That way you can adjust as many columns as you want without custom development.

Hope it helps

Thanks, Joao. That’s good news! I’ll take a look at it. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Mathew

You’re welcome, Mathew.