Inconsistent/nonfunctioning YouTube video backgrounds

At some point (and without my interaction), the YouTube video background in my slider stopped playing, and I can’t get it working no matter what I do. On another slider, the video background (different video, implemented the exact same way) seems to work fine.

I’ve checked in multiple browsers on multiple machines, and I’ve tried making a brand new slider and replacing the old one, but it seems that the new slider I create won’t show the YouTube video background either. I’ve even downloaded the video from YouTube, edited it down and reuploaded it on another channel, to no effect. So I’ve figured out that it’s not the browser, it’s not the implementation, it’s not the particular slider and it’s not the video I’m linking or the account it’s on.

Thanks in advance!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! Its the Homeslide slider with the issue right? Please check the ID of that YouTube video, it seems to be invalid.


Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Yes, it was Homeslide. For whatever reason, that video ID ended up invalid (I had it set to Private, but it’s irrelevant), but no video ID I stick in there works. I just switched it to another video ID and it’s the same result. Feel free to switch the video ID to whichever one you deem valid for testing purposes.

Hey There,

I am another staff checking in. I am seeing that you are using this:

In your homepage, the video is working.

Please clear your browser cache and test again.

That’s really weird. I’ve cleared my cache, and purged Cloudflare, but I still can’t see any video on that page (in either slider-- Homeslide or Songbook Hero) in Chrome or Firefox (Edge seems to work fine). I’ve shut off all extensions in Chrome, and restarted the computer. I can’t figure out why this is happening. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help so far. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I checked in Chrome and Firefox and it seems to work on my end as well.

Left-Chrome
Right-Firefox

Can you try on another computer or have a friend check it.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.