In-page anchor links not working

Hello, could you please take a look at the third paragraph link (“schedule an intro call”) on this page: https://www.michaelcaloz.com/how-to-work-with-me-test/ (password: test)? It should point to an anchor link on a heading below but doesn’t work.

I added that link in Cornerstone by typing in “#how-work-with-you-2” and I set “how-work-with-you-2” as the ID on the classic custom headline below.

Thank you,
Michael

Hello Michael,

Thanks for writing in! The correct way of using the anchor links is to place the ID in the section. In your link, you should be using #how-work-with-you.

By the way, you have inserted an invalid HTML code in your content area element. You have added this;

<p><span style="font-weight: 400;"><strong>I offer a sliding scale (i.e., variable pricing)</strong>  on my 50-minute coaching sessions to accommodate people at a variety of income levels.</p>
<p>(To be clear, <strong>all of the following are offering the same service</strong>; but, if you pay the higher rates, it allows me to offer my support to people who can't afford as much.)</span></p>

The correct code should be:

<p><span style="font-weight: 400;"><strong>I offer a sliding scale (i.e., variable pricing)</strong>  on my 50-minute coaching sessions to accommodate people at a variety of income levels.</span></p>
<p><span style="font-weight: 400;">(To be clear, <strong>all of the following are offering the same service</strong>; but, if you pay the higher rates, it allows me to offer my support to people who can't afford as much.)</span></p>

Please have the code updated.

Thanks, @ruenel—I fixed that span issue you mentioned.

And, I adjusted my anchor link to point to the section instead of the h2, but it still isn’t working. If you refresh the page, you’ll see that the “schedule an intro call” link now points to #how-work-with-you but it has the same problem.

The link points to #how-work-with-you and the section ID below is <div id="how-work-with-you">

What shall I try next?

Hello Michael,

I have re-checked your page and it seems that nothing happens. Do you have any custom JS codes? Provide us your WP access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks, @ruenel. I do have custom JS, but the problem still happens when I remove it. I’ll attach a secure note with the requested info.

Hi Michael,

I have tested your site and didn’t find the section with the ID how-work-with-you, I would suggest you add the ID to the specific section or headline or any elements you want and check once if it working or not. Please let us know if that does not work for you.

Thanks

Hi @tristup: I have tried anchoring to a variety of sections and headlines and it doesn’t work.

To find how-work-with-you, open the Outline view and select the Experience section. The ID of that section is how-work-with-you.

Alternatively, the headline in that section is how-work-with-you-2, but linking to that doesn’t work either.

Please advise.

https://www.michaelcaloz.com/how-to-work-with-me-test/ (password: test)

Thank you,
Michael

Hi Michael,

The reason why the anchor link is not working on your page because the calendy widget override the body height and set it 100%.

Please ask the calendy widget to address the said issue. To temporarily fix the issue, we need to override the CSS and set the height to auto. To do that, please add the code below in your X > Theme Options > CSS.

body {
  height: auto !important;
}

Please note that custom CSS code is outside the scope of our support. Issues that might arise from the use of custom CSS code and further enhancements should be directed to a third-party developer or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks so much for your extra help, @marc_a – that did indeed fix it. I appreciate it, and I hope you have a great evening!

You are welcome @Caloz

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.