In-page anchor links not working, need help

Hi please see site and access details in secure note.

I put custom links in the top navbar menu (WP Menu called “New Menu”), and added corresponding IDs to the page sections of the homepage. But clicking on the menu items does nothing.

Need some help please and thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi @ddctc,

Thanks for writing in.

I have tried to fix your menu by changing the custom links from a complete URL to a #yourid only. However it is still not working. I have found that there is a script error in your setup. Please try to check for plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

I deactivated some plugins that could have potentially been causing an issue.

I have found the anchor link works in Firefox and Safari, but not Chrome!

Can you do some more looking into this for me? E.g. what is the particular script error (if it still exists), is it related to the anchor links, and why would these links be failing in one browser, but not the others?

Thanks.

Hi There,

I see an JS error/conflict with Custom CSS and JS plugin (https://prnt.sc/gkzced). Please deactivate it and see if it resolve the issue, if it is then contact the plugin author.

Regarding the different browser’s behavior, it could be a cache related. So always clear your browser’s cache before you preview the site.

Thanks,

There was an error in some custom javascript. For now I have disabled the plugin and it is working. Thank you!

You are most welcome!