Having a great mobile experience is increasingly importnat. I’m trying to optimize the mobile experience on my site and finding that it is quite a lot of work. A few ideas on how my life would be easier:
- Layout and design settings in Theme Customizer separately for mobile, tablet and desktop etc (along the line I can already see in the X customizer for testing).
- In the Customizer it seems that the site preview is not identified as mobile by various JavaScript etc applications (“is_mobile()”) so that the the preview behaves as a “narrow desktop” rather than actually emulating the mobile experience?
- Improved css target/@media management. The cut-off pixel widths could perhaps be manually settable (and then reflected in the preview settings). Perhaps with “pre-defined” CSS blocks on the Customer CSS where it would be easy to add plugin and other CSS at the right place for different types of devices?
- Page etc templates per device type (eg would like normal template for desktop but without footer for mobile). Yes, I know I can control this by CSS, but then I need to edit CSS targeting each time.