Importing templates gives "uh oh" error

Hello,

One of my clients uses a staging website to build new pages, we then save those as templates, download them and upload to the live website. We’ve not done this in a while, but it had previously worked successfully.

When my client tried this recently they got the red “uh oh” error, saying the formatting of the file was incorrect. I checked the page to ensure there were no legacy / classic items and even tried exporting the page section by section in case the tco file was too large. But no luck.

I tried to put Wordfence into learning mode in case it was the firewall. I also tried white listing my IP in Wordfence to bypass all security features, in case Wordfence was blocking unknown file types - but still nothing.

Any idea what this might be? I can’t give you access to the live site unfortunately as my client is big on security, but I can give you access to the staging version if you want to try it out there.

Thanks for your help and support.

Hello @littleshock,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict or a cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.