Importing Posts, how to populate galleries?....in English not Klingon please

This is what I expect to be seeing

http://intracon.net/?p=3512

But this is what I get

http://intracon.net/?p=1965

How do I get those files to populate a gallery

When I import using GravityView and GravityForms, their advice is I need to add a a shortcode, but that takes me down a rabbit hole, when I am pretty convinced X or Pro, MUST have the functionality somewhere, but that for a newbie like me, phrasing the search, to avoid the rabbit holes seems to be beyond me.

Thanks

John

Hi @Fairbanking,

Thanks for writing in.

In regards to shortcodes, you can add it in a raw html element but I could not say that it it is the best way to do it until we could not see your setup closer.

Please share us first your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set in a secure note.

thanks.

Hi Nico, thanks, I just now need to fathom out how to send you a secure note, perhaps all will be clear once the yellow “Welcome to Apex Forum — thanks for contributing!” goes.

I have a large number (100k) of these Posts I wish to publish through the Gravity Form & Gravity View facilities, I am sure you will have an elegant solution

Best regards

John

I can’t help but hope, that within X/Pro, there is a truly elegant solution:grinning:

Hi John,

Thank you for the credentials. I can see your setup but then the issue here is, the code is not recognize.
If this link is supposed to download an image: http://intracon.net/index.php?gf-download=2017%2F09%2FGreenEarth-1810.jpeg&form-id=2&field-id=33&hash=a310242a0746be44a028b7edebb2ae671ec6eaab7b4be4e7eb6940c6e9bbf7da that is not happening even if I visit the URL on the browser.

Can you clarify how did you import it? Because for the content here: http://intracon.net/?p=19652, you are not even using a Cornerstone builder. It is just a vanilla wordpress content. If vanilla wordpress cannot process it, any builder cannot process it either. I am not sure how that link will turn to be an image. Please clarify to the source of the content. Unfortunately, there is no one click button that will convert that part of the content to an image. If that link is supposed to be an image, please clarify first how because, image shortcode accept normal image source only.

Thanks Lely, 1st off, apologies the example link I should have sent you was http://intracon.net/?p=1083, where the URLs do work (eg http://intraconis.net/data/Green_Earth/No_Ref%20(389)/DSCN5021.jpg, just checked)

The GravityFormPage generated entry is this one
http://intracon.net/?page_id=603&entry=472, which looks fine, but I had wanted a Post.

My thought process was to get the images into the raw Wordpress Post format, before then considering how Cornerstone could improve the aesthetics, realising as you say, if the base Wordpress isn’t handling them adding Cornerstone, would not change that.

In answer to your question as to how I generated these posts, I took an example such as http://intracon.net/?p=3512 above, which had been created and was behaving I had expected, I generated an export .csv file, added additional entries into that file, and then imported that back, http://intracon.net/?page_id=603&entry=472 being an example of what that process creates.

GravityView had suggested I add a short code, which is why I approached you, as I hoped you would already have something in your extensive functionality, and not go down the rabbit hole of re-inventing the wheel, when with a little imagination/application I could achieve my desired result. Trust that helps

John

OK Lely, having spent the last few hours trying to work out what was wrong with the URL you were trying above I finally noticed that you have 3 “amp;” in your URL which are not present in the original, and although my research says that this is a Google feature, my original URL displays correctly both in Chrome as well a Safari, I guess you are using a browser that behave differently…

This is not directly connected with my current request, but means that the URL is not in fact wrong…maybe not well formed…

Hope to hear from you soon

John

Hello John,

Thanks for updating in!
GravityView had suggested I add a short code, which is why I approached you, as I hoped you would already have something in your extensive functionality, and not go down the rabbit hole of re-inventing the wheel, when with a little imagination/application I could achieve my desired result. Trust that helps

If you want to insert the view in a page or posts, you can check this also:

To have more information, I would highly recommend that you check out the documentation here:
http://docs.gravityview.co/

At the moment, we do not have an easy of integrating this plugin in X. The easiest way is the same as using with Visual Composer. In X and Cornerstone, you can always make use of the text element and insert the GravityView shortcode.

Hope this helps.