Imported Ethos 01 for X before Pro Conversion

Hi,

I imported Ethos 01 when I was using X. Now I’m using Pro and I’m confused about some things.

  1. Does Pro have a blog layout similar to what I have on the site now? (meaning the section with the images & excerpts, NOT including the slider)
  2. If so, how would I see that?
  3. Would I have to deactivate the Ethos 01 demo? If so, how?

Thanks!

See secure note for details.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, 1) Yes, actually when it comes to the blog page layout X and PRO has little to no difference.

  1. That is the Standard Style which you already have, see the settings under Theme Options > Blog.

  2. No! demos are not a setting that you can deactivate. It is a dummy layout and content which serves as your base design. You need to update the demo with your actual site content.

Cheers!

Ok. Follow up questions:

  1. My newest post “Doenjang soup with veggies” doesn’t show the excerpt. How do I fix this?
  2. Can I get rid of the slider and put an essential grid in it’s place?

Hi There,

  1. Please manually add your excerpt on the Excerpt meta box.
screenshot

If you don’t see the Excerpt meta box, please enable it under the Screen Options panel.


  1. You can turn off the slider under Theme Options > Ethos > POST SLIDER FOR BLOG. Replacing it with Essential Grid will require a custom development which falls outside of the support that we can offer.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

OK cool, got the excerpt working.

I have another question: :grin:

Does post carousel not work with Pro?

I don’t see that option under Theme options>Ethos

I do see it under Appearance>Customize>Ethos and I turned it on but nothing happened.

Thanks again!

Hi there,

That option will work if you use the normal header of the Pro. If you use the Pro > Launch > Header to create your header using the Header Builder it will not show.

The Ethos carousel is only part of the simple header mode. You can remove the assignment of headers to pages in the header builder to have the simple header activated instead.

Thank you.

OK got it. Thanks!

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.