Hi there, I imported my blog posts from an older wordpress site running on thesis into my new x-theme but the post pages themselves aren’t responsive. Please advise why this is the case and what I can do to fix this?
Thanks!
Hi there, I imported my blog posts from an older wordpress site running on thesis into my new x-theme but the post pages themselves aren’t responsive. Please advise why this is the case and what I can do to fix this?
Thanks!
Hi There,
Thank you for writing in, the reason is you defined a fixed width to your entry-content container.
/* blog post single*/
div.entry-content.content {
font-size: 14px;
width:1000px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;}
Please remove the width:1000px; from that CSS block, with that your entry-content will have a 1000px width regardless of the viewer’s screen size.
Hope it helps,
Cheers!
YAY, that works, thank you!!
You’re welcome,
Cheers!
Hi there, just noticed that removing the width : 1000px fixed the reponsive issue, however, now my content is not centered and too wide. I remember now why I changed it.
How can I fix this?
Also, I can’t seem to turn on the post date. Where do I do that? And I notice that the post category is floating around in the top but can’t fix it.
One more q : I see that the title for the imported blog post is ABOVE the image. How can I bring it down BELOW the image? Thanks so much!
Please advise,
Thanks!
Hi There,
Put a max-width:1000px; instead so that container does not go beyond 1000px and allows it to be responsive (not fixed 1000px).
Navigate to Customizer > Blog and turn on the Post Meta
I don’t see anything floating at the top, please clarify.
Remove the negative margin that is applied on the Column where the image is placed.
Cheers!