Implementing all in one seo pack breadcrumbs php code

I would like to add all in one seo pack breadcrumbs into header.php:

By copying the code and pasting it in your theme editor, the breadcrumbs navigation will be displayed on all of your pages.

Link: https://aioseo.com/introducing-breadcrumbs/

I would like to know exactly where to place the breadcumbs code and to confirm if it is inside the theme’s header.php or elsewhere?

Hi @Bark201,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you want to add the code from the article. I suggest that you create a child theme, can be found here:

Then create a file base.php file in your child theme with this file folder path framework/views/header. Please note that we don’t support any customization in the child theme because it is outside the scope of our theme support, we are just giving you a hint where you can paste the code.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I created the path but then uber menu (which I recently added) disappears and is replaced by the breadcrumbs. I should say that uber menu disappears as soon as the path is created before inserting the php code. Please help.

Hi @Bark201,

I would suggest you copy the base.php from the parent theme’s framework/views/header path and add the same in your child theme’s path and check if the output is the same as previous. If that works fine, please add the PHP code to it.
Please remember that we don’t encourage you to add any 3rd party plugin script into the theme files, as we don’t provide any support to this and related issues.

If that didn’t work, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply. I cannot provide login credentials due to sensitive information. Is there another place I can try placing the code? I did copy the base.php file into the child theme, the breadcrumbs work but it overrides uber menu.

I prefer all in one seo pack as it is very easy to edit. I know you are offering breadcrumbs as well but can they be edited as all in one seo pack? If they do, which is great, I want to try their code first.

Hi @Bark201,

Adding the external PHP code is part of customization and beyond the scope of our theme support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where the customization questions are answered.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, I was unaware there is such a service… I still believe in this case you do need to provide some support. I placed the php in header instead of base and that seems to work.

Regarding one, I was unaware of it. Do you provide writing scripts for cloudflare workers for example?

Hi @Bark201,

Regretfully, this is customization work that is beyond the scope of support. As I have suggested to you, please find the following link to know more about the One service.

https://theme.co/one

Thanks

I was talking about one…

Hi @Bark201,

In One plan, we can answer any customization but you will the one who will implement it, we will just guide you on how you can do it. For more information about one, please check this out.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thank for your reply, very interesting.

Regarding your breadcrumbs, the one in theme options. It displays as BLOG - POST.

How do I change it from BLOG to HOME and change the url to the homepage?

Hello @Bark201,

You can go to X or Pro > Theme Options > Stack > Blog Options and change the “The Blog” title to “Home”. The URL will change if you do not assign a Posts Page in Settings > Reading > Your homepage displays. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you for your reply.

I do not see these options, I am using theme x. I think you misunderstood me though. When enabling breadcrumbs, when going to a certain post the breadcrumbs show:

BLOG - POST NAME

BLOG is linked to mysite.com/blog/

I want to change the label from BLOG to HOME and change the url from mysite.com/blog/ to mysite.com

I did not see it in blog options available in theme options. Please advise.

see attached image:

Hello @Bark201,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you please share your site login credentials in the secure note so that we can check your settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.