Images not displaying following update

I have been using X theme for a number of years now. Ever since the latest update my images have stopped displaying. I have checked and the files are there physically but wont load online.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi,

Can you check if the images still exist in WP Dashboard > Media> Library

When I go directly to the image url the image doesn’t exist. It looks like it has been deleted.

Can you try reseting permalink by navigating to Settings > Permalinks then click on Save Changes

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried resetting the permalinks and clearing my browser cache but it was ineffective.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the images are all still there physically as I can see them via Filezilla.

But, when I go to WP Dashboard > Media > Library I see the following:

Glenn

Hi There,

It seems that your images are not accessible (see secure note for example). If you can see those images physically through FTP, you need to check file permission of your server or contact your hosting provider directly to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Turned out it was an issue with permissions. The hosting provider had to update the uploads directory. Thanks for the help!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.