Images don't show on social

Morning!

I’m having some trouble getting the right (or any) images to show when entering my site’s URL on Facebook, for example. The social fallback image I specify in Options is not showing, and Facebook doesn’t seem to be picking up any Open Graph info.

  1. On https://bushlapa.com, no image is pulling through when I enter the URL on Facebook
  2. On https://poseidonportfolio.com, the wrong image is pulling through (it might be that this image is still in Facebook’s cache somewhere?)

How do I test this properly, and how can I ensure that my sites are providing the right information when Facebook looks for it?

Hey,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– WordPress Admin username / password
– FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Thanks! I’ve saved the login details in a secure note on my original post - I don’t see the option to set reply as private - where is it?

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information, I checked the first site and found out that the Open Graph information is indeed in the source code:

The image URL which Facebook should get is: http://bushlapa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/see-background.jpg

For the second URL, I checked and here is the Open Graph information in the front end source code:

The image for the second URL should be: https://poseidonportfolio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/paxosDJI_0135.jpg

Please kindly consider, the og: tags are the only thing which we can do as a Wordpress theme. The decision for picking that up or not by Facebook is really out of our hands.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks for helping out, and for sharing where to check for og tags.

Good news is that Facebook is now retrieving the correct data.
Cheers!

Glad that you managed to fix that :slight_smile: