Images are Being Automatically Compressed

Hi, I have a pretty modest-sized Hero image, and even with NO plugins enabled, the image is being compressed from 150kb down to 112kb, which is having a very noticeable impact on quality.

The images appear just fine in Cornerstone preview. That’s why it’s so strange that it looks weird on the web.

Please note, this is not the default automatic 82% compression that is happening in Wordpress. I used 70% quality for this image, and the image that appears on the web looks like about 50% - very poor.

This is bad. Why is this happening?

Thanks!

Hi There,

This is not a common issue and hardly theme related, please provide your Wp Admin credentials so we can take a closer look,

Thanks!

The issue fixed itself automatically within 24 hours. Very odd, and I cannot even come up with a possible reason how.

Such is life :slight_smile:

Glad it’s okay now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.