Image with Overlay

Hello,

Please can you help me to add some over lay text / opaque background to an image on rollover. Specifically the three images under “work” on my homepage ( www.lucygardner.co.uk ) so I can explain what these images are. If there’s an option to add a button too, that would be great.

Thank you!

Hey,

Thank you for writing in!

You can see all the options we feature with our image shortcode here: http://theme.co/x/demo/integrity/1/shortcodes/images/ as you can see you can set a popover text.

Hey,

Thank you very much for that. I tried it out but it’s not quite what I’m after.

Is there any way to emulate something like this within the theme? https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.asp?filename=tryhow_css_image_overlay_fade I tried following from that but it messed up the page (seemed to pull things from the row structure).

Best wishes,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

That would be possible with custom development but would be out of the scope of our support, you might consult with a developer.

You can alternatively use the grid plugin and use a image as a source to create the same effect.

Hope it helps