Image to fill column background

Hey there, I’ve got a site that’s still on v4, and I’m employing a technique to use a transparent image mask over a video background in a Cornerstone section. (First thing you see at https://nueramarketing.com)

The problem is that the image doesn’t scale to the full browser width on IE. How would I force that function in IE by adapting the following code?

/* Photo Fill */
    @media(min-width: 100px){
      .photo {
        margin: 0px;
        width: 100%;
        background-image: url(https://nueramarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/VideoMask4.svg);
        background-size: cover;
        background-position: 50%;
      }

      .photo img{
        opacity: 0;
        visibility: hidden;
      }
    }

Hi @Nuera,

Thanks for writing in

IE is very quite a problem with CSS. In this case, you can check the link below on how to fix it.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

Unfortunately, I can’t actually interpret code very well. Would you mind at least helping me reconcile that solution with the existing code block?

I assume we’ll have to create some kind of media query based on the browser, but I’m just not sure what would go into creating that.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Please try the PNG image instead of SVG, SVG doesn’t respond well in other browsers (eg. IE and Safari) when it comes to CSS.

Thanks!

YEP! That was it. Thanks so much Iam!

I was actually able to reduce the size of the file from 80kb to 28kb too by switching to PNG, so that was an nice side effect as well.

You’re welcome.