Image title tooltip not showing

Hi there,
what I’m trying to figure out is the following question:

  • When I add an image from media into a text, I can fill out title, alt text, captions etc. and everything shows nicely. Especially tooltip when hovering over a picture. All fine.

  • When I add an image in plain cornerstone and fill in “title” and “alt text” in the left sidebar, then nothing shows up. The image information in media is complete - but there is no tooltip whatsoever.
    What can I do to make the image title show when hovering over such images?
    Thanks and regards
    Karen

hey,

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Hi John,
sorry about forgetting this, see secure note please. Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. Please keep in mind that when you insert an image in Cornerstone using the image element, it will not automatically display the title and alt text which you may have added when you uploaded the image or that you might have added in the media gallery. You will need to insert the title and alt text manually when you insert the image source right in the image element settings. To enable the tooltip, the “Link” option must be enabled and then select the “Tooltip” in the info option.

After that, you will then add the info content which will be displayed as you hover over the image. I have made an example which you can find it in the first image: https://www.hartig-coacht.de/publikationen/

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Hi Rue Nel,
Sunday 11:05 am - what you explained is working smoothly, thanks so much! Great sunday :smiley:
Just wondering: would it be possible to change the background color of tooltip from black to white? That would make it look lighter.

Regards, Karen

Hi Karen,

To change it to white, you can add this in X> Launch > Options > CSS


.tooltip-inner {  
    color: #000;
    background-color: #fff;
}

Hope that helps.

Hi Paul,
oh yes that helped. Perfect, thank you very much! :balloon:
Regards, Karen

You are welcome!